As a Software Engineer, you will work collaboratively with others on various teams (Tech, Quant, and Trading) with the ultimate goal of supporting day-to-day trading operations by designing, implementing, and enhancing multiple software systems.
You will contribute to software systems that handle large amounts of data, support multiple markets with varying rules and data formats, and that provide trading insights efficiently and accurately. You will work with proprietary platforms and APIs, for which leverage you will leverage various data stores and third-party tools. You will be expected to learn new technologies and domain concepts quickly. You will apply sound software engineering principles to help quickly deliver new tools and enhancements at a rapid pace. You will apply these principles across multiple concerns, including quality, performance, availability, telemetry, and security. You will participate on a software development team that executes the full cycle of agile software development, including frequent deployments.
You must be able to work in a dynamic environment. It is important that you are enthusiastic about assuming a large responsibility in a small company. You will need to be flexible, driven, collaborative, and comfortable juggling responsibilities in multiple disciplines.
This position is based in our Alexandria, VA office. You will be expected to travel to our Birmingham, AL office periodically (estimated 2-4 weeks of travel annually).
- Build and maintain software systems and environments that support the needs of multiple traders in various markets.
- Author significant code contributions in: Ruby, SQL, alternate data stores, asynchronous and event-based processes, distributed systems, mathematical analysis and modeling tools).
- Author scalable code and tests.
- Work with Trading and Quant teams to identify software system requirements.
- Build out the full-stack of software to accomplish project needs.
- Regularly collaborate with and provide feedback to other software engineers.
- Assist in deploying software and overseeing systems operations in coordination with other teams.
- 2+ years of real-world experience building complex software systems in collaborative software teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in object-oriented development, data stores including SQL, and algorithms
- Skill evaluating code and software systems
- Skill solving complex problems involving complex data
- Experience server-side development with MVC, unit/acceptance testing, version control.
- Familiarity with mathematics and statistics
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms
- Other desired technologies include Rails, R, JQuery, HTML, CSS, Redis, Linux, and AWS
Tios Capital will provide a competitive base salary, with eligibility for bonuses based on individual and company performance. Three weeks of paid vacation, health, and dental insurance are also included.
If you have any questions, please direct them to [email protected] Apply online with the button below.