The primary role is to execute day-to-day trade operations for existing strategies, which involves forecasting power prices for the next day and developing bids and offers around these forecasts. Trading Analysts also perform analytical work to improve existing strategies and test hypotheses for new strategies. Over time, you may be given overall responsibility for a subset of our strategies.
It is important that you are enthusiastic about joining an early-stage company. You will need to be flexible, comfortable wearing multiple hats, and able to work well with others.
This position is based in our Birmingham, Alabama office.
- Assist with daily trade operations, using our tools to make quantitative decisions, placing daily bids, and monitoring results.
- Perform analytical work to improve existing strategies and test hypotheses for new strategies
- Interface with technical and quantitative team members to help design new systems in support of future trading strategies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to make quick analytical judgments and balance risk vs. reward
- Strong problem solving and quantitative analysis
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Proficiency in SQL and R (an open-source statistical program) desired, or must be willing and able to learn quickly
Tios Capital will provide a competitive base salary, with eligibility for bonuses based on individual and company performance.
Three weeks of paid vacation, health, and dental insurance are also included.
If you have any questions, please direct them to [email protected] Apply online with the button below.