Quant Analyst Intern
The Quantitative Analyst Intern program is a 6-month intensive program designed to help you grow significantly in your quantitative modeling skills. By working with our trading team, you will learn how to gather project requirements and clearly communicate quantitative concepts and findings to end users. We will give you regular feedback, to strengthen areas of weakness and to help you to grow professionally. Throughout the course of your internship, we will also assess your fit for the Quantitative team in the long run.
As a Quantitative Analyst Intern, you will work under the guidance of others on our Quantitative team. You will work with one or more traders and provide data analysis and model building support to their daily trade operations. You will build experimental tools for the trading team to use, and monitor the performance of your tools over time.
You will present your ideas and approaches to other members of the Quantitative team to refine your efforts. You will be expected to communicate your approach and findings clearly and concisely to other Tios Capital teams. You must be able to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment. It is important that you are enthusiastic about joining a small but highly productive company that is maturing from a start-up into best practices. You will need to be flexible, driven, collaborative, and comfortable juggling responsibilities in multiple disciplines.
This position is based in our Alexandria, VA office. You will be expected to travel to our Birmingham, AL office periodically (estimated 4-6 weeks of travel annually).
- Perform data analysis to understand market conditions and pricing drivers.
- Perform predictive model creation, maintenance, and enhancement to support daily trading efforts.
- Collaborate with other teams to turn your data analysis tools and models into larger systems that are more broadly applicable to Tios trading strategies.
- Excellent quantitative problem solving skills, attention to detail, a hunger and curiosity about data, and a drive to continually learn and grow.
- Driven, organized, and able to work on independent research and real-world problem solving with efficiency and accuracy.
- Proficiency and experience in model building approaches (descriptive data analysis, feature engineering, model selection, tuning, validation, point/interval prediction)
- Proficiency and experience in a number of regression models (e.g. Generalized linear, Smoothing, LASSO, etc), machine learning models (e.g. KNN, SVM, ANN, RF, GBM, Deep Learning, etc), and time series models (e.g. ARIMA, GARCH, etc) with a good understanding of underlying theory and parameter tuning approaches.
- Proficiency in R, MATLAB, or Python (at least 6 months, with use in major projects). Must be willing to work in primarily in R
- Ability to quickly learn new, complex subject matter and intelligently apply it to solving real-world problems.
- Eagerness and ability to learn new technologies and programming languages quickly.
- Good communication skills to explain and justify your conclusions to non-technical stakeholders.
- BS in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Analytics). Further education or work experience in a quantitative discipline is preferred.
- Coursework or equivalent experience must include Probability and Statistics, Regressions, Mathematical Optimizations/Linear Programming, Data Mining/Machine Learning.
Tios Capital will provide a competitive base salary. Three weeks of annual paid vacation (accrued based on the length of your internship) is also included.
If you have any questions, please direct them to [email protected] Apply online with the button below.